Qualities of a top real estate agent. What you should be looking for when you sell your home
Five Qualities Distinguish the Best Charleston Real Estate Agent
If you are just about to commit to buying or selling a home in Charleston, the first important task before you comes with identifying the best Realtor® to assist your effort. That comes first because although you might begin by combing through the current Charleston listings or driving through the neighborhood to spot what’s going on, there is always a possibility that acting without delay will be important. If that happens to be the case, zeroing in on the best Charleston agent takes first priority.
How you ultimately select that best real estate agent for you involves a selection process that’s a lot like any business person's procedure—except that it’s easier to identify the candidates. You won’t have to post “help wanted” ads since the candidates (myself included) are all actively looking for you!
The true lion’s shar
e of the work of identifying your best “hire” will come in the conversations you have with the leading candidates. Whether you call them up or drop in on them at their office (or run into them at an open house), it’s important to bear in mind that these conversations, whether casual or not, are actually employment interviews. You’re the boss; the agents are applicants—and the hiring decision is a very important one. During these interactions, if you can determine that the agent you’re speaking with is strong in these five qualities, you’ve found your agent:
1. Accessible. The best Charleston real estate agent for you is easy to talk to—the kind of person you connect with automatically; who puts you at ease. The best agent will be someone who is engaging and enjoyable to talk with.
2. Professional. At the same time (it only seems to conflict with the above), the best agent is a professional at all times. After all, some of the most durable friendships wind up being with people we’ve “been through the wars with” in business!
3. Sympathetic. A lot of the business at hand will consist of pinpointing your personal tastes and leanings and prioritizing them correctly. The best Charleston real estate agent for you will be keenly aware of your preferences—which won’t be the same as everybody else’s.
4. Authoritative. That best agent knows Charleston inside and out; is personally familiar with the current crop of area listings; is known and widely respected by her or his Charleston real estate colleagues.
5. Dedicated. Your best partner in the upcoming campaign will be committed to the real estate profession—not just for this week or for this transaction, but for the long haul. The best Charleston real estate agent will be there for you the next time, too!
Needless to say, when you are narrowing the field for who you want to become your own best Charleston agent, I hope you’ll call me for a chat!